International Tax Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 197453
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
International Tax Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
The International Tax Manager (ITM) coordinates business and tax issues with region personnel in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Asia Pacific Regions. The ITM manages the U.S. Tax compliance process for approximately 250 entities. The position researches and communicates U.S. federal income tax treatment of UPS transactions and develops transactions to minimize U.S. federal taxation. The ITM manages the compliance process and supervises the International Tax Specialist and interns/contractors during compliance season.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Researches current and pending tax legislation to assess potential impacts to UPS, including modelling current and proposed tax legislation and incorporating various tax attributes.
- Reviews U.S. and foreign transactions to determine appropriate U.S. federal income tax treatment and write technical memos to document federal income tax treatment.
- Develops proposed transactions to provide UPS effective and advantageous tax treatment.
- Maintenance of databases and tax compliance software to enable timely completion of tax returns.
- Manage the data collection process from foreign teams, including providing training and assistance to foreign teams to ensure accurate submissions of tax information.
- Collaborates with Tax Technology group to design processes and methods to accurately and efficiently report information on tax returns.
- Ensures all international forms are properly attached to the consolidated Form 1120 filed by UPS. Troubleshoots any XML errors or issues relating to International returns preventing efile.
- Prepares and/or reviews international items for quarterly tax accounting provision, including Subpart F, Section 78 Gross-up, Foreign Tax Credits, GILTI, FDII, Foreign Dividends, Withholding Taxes, and Foreign Partnership Income
- Prepares models for tax calculations for scenarios related to proposed transactions.
- Monitors worldwide legislation that may impact current or deferred tax rates.
- Manages quarterly process with Region Tax Managers to identify and update uncertain tax positions.
- Works with personnel in legal, treasury, accounting and region tax related to restructuring of UPS entities and other tax planning.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of tax laws under subchapter C with emphasis on sections related to formation and restructuring of foreign companies, i.e. §§ 332, 351, 358, 362, and 368.
- Knowledge of tax laws as applied to international operations of a U.S. multinational before and after the Tax Reform Act of 2017, i.e. §§ 367, 861, 901, 951, 951A, 954.
- Research skills in RIA and BNA and writing technical memorandums.
- Experience in OneSource Income Tax, including Chart of Account mapping, Tax Reclass and Tax Adjustment mapping, XML error and diagnostic troubleshooting
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Required
- Master's Degree (or internationally comparable degree)– Preferred
- CPA Certification – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.