International Finance Data Analytics Senior Superv
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Job ID: 313659
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
International Finance Data Analytics Senior Superv
- Atlanta, Georgia
The incumbent interacts with functional representatives, business analysts, data analysts, and applications development project teams to apply data operations requirements to support the effective storage and retrieval of data. This position utilizes the agile-waterfall methodology development process. The incumbent works independently on one or more highly complex database environments. The incumbent assists with providing the definition of logical and physical data elements for promoting data sharing, reusing data objects, and ensuring a coherent data source strategy. This role transforms logical data models into physical databases, applying techniques based on applications’ processing needs. This position investigates complex problems, monitors performance, contributes to back-up and recovery procedures, creates reports, and configures and installs database software.
- Applies best practices for performance tuning, query optimization and modular coding techniques to improve efficiencies in production and user experience
- Interprets object and data models to create/maintain appropriate database schemas within design constraints
- Maintains proficiency in database technologies to remain current with industry standards and review/analyze features in new technology releases
- Analyzes key business processes to support and educate users on database operations efficiencies
- Provides mentoring to database analyst team members to increase knowledge of technologies and processes
- Conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items
- Creates task lists and cost and time estimates to support project plan development
- Reviews and compiles project issues to support effective resolutions
- Monitors project activities to ensure I.S. governance, standards, and policies compliance
- Develops and applies database management system support activities to ensure the effective storage and retrieval of data
- Utilizes system software and tools to investigate problems, monitor performance, and create reports
- Identifies business needs to ensure extracted data meets requestors' parameters
- Researches and reviews database schemas and process flows to determine correct databases and tables for completing requests
- Provides input to people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to provide detailed performance level information to managers
- Contributes to performance evaluations, including performance improvement plans, to encourage continuous performance improvement
- Holds team members responsible for meeting established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals
- Possess advanced knowledge of database design principles; works with users to define requirements with minimal oversight from others; defines user rights; describes security measures, such as passwords, firewalls, and access rights based on user requirements; describes information organization, such as classes, links, records, and fields
- Identifies key information sources, assesses information quality, understands/communicates limitations; relates/compares information from different sources; manages large amounts of data and appropriately applies data reduction and exploratory analysis techniques; makes logical assumptions; challenges own findings and documents process and outcomes; audits own analyses and determines their validity
- Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance
- Applies data analysis, data modeling, and quality assurance techniques to establish, modify, maintain data structures and associated components; works independently on one or more highly complex data models; contributes to the identification of data design options for enterprise data definitions and vocabularies; develops advanced knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques, design principles to advise team members
- Follows standard guidelines to update existing standards; provides input into developing data standards with some assistance from others; reviews customer data to ensure consistent and widespread use of data standards.
- Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs, supports new technologies
- Demonstrates an understanding of potential risks and rewards with emerging technologies, basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Identifies and evaluates risks; determines and applies appropriate risk treatments
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law