IFA Senior Supervisor
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: Morris Road Location
- Job ID: 197289
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
IFA Senior Supervisor
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a dynamic International Finance and Accounting (IFA) Financial Analyst to gather, evaluate and maintain financial data that supports profitability initiatives for the I-Parcel Finance department. He/She assists in the evaluation of business cases, performs data analysis incorporating various financial matrices and applies project management techniques to manage work streams across functional teams.
The International Financial Analyst examines, builds and improves cost-modeling systems. He/She assists in the proper design of systems, performs research to develop solutions involving MS Excel and resolves data issues related to UPS’s internal accounting systems to provide feedback to internal customers. He/She also reviews data to deliver solutions for incorrect processes, performs data analysis and creates technical documentation of accounting system components. This position works with systems developers to validate business solutions and incorporates all stages of the software development cycle.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes, reviews and creates Excel modeling to meet departmental objectives, maintains optimum performance and/or identifies areas of improvement for proper system operations
- Documents requirements (e.g., business specifications) and coding solutions to ensure correct implementation of the coding process
- Gathers and analyzes data to resolve data (i.e., Tracker) problems
- Evaluates business cases using financial metrics such as ROI, NPV, and CAGR
- Develops, maintains, and refreshes reports, dashboards, and tools to provide visibility into Transformation objectives and progress
- Researches and conducts financial analyses to measure financial impacts of initiatives
- Prepares professional presentations with insightful messaging and visualizations for senior leadership discussions and reviews of initiatives, project plans, and implementation status updates
- Collaborates with partners and stakeholders and completes project deliverables and offers insight to upper level management
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of database design principles; identifies users’ requirements and needs with guidance from others; demonstrates a basic understanding of the importance of maintaining and updating databases
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills with ability to meet fast-paced, tight project deadlines
- Ability to analyze large data sets into useful insights to support decision-making and conclusions
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or related STEM field - Preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Khalix - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.