Financial Analyst - Procurement
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 212381
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Financial Analyst - Procurement
- Atlanta, Georgia
If you’re looking to make an impact with your analytical skills, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a Procurement Analyst who works with cross-functional teams to provide analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives.
The Procurement Analyst works in support of the Procurement Finance and Accounting team in order to help collect data, validate savings opportunities, and report savings to senior leadership. He/She reports directly to the Procurement Value Capture Finance and Accounting Supervisor.
The Procurement Analyst creates and updates reporting tools to provide better visibility to Procurement savings. He/She will consistently meet weekly and monthly reporting deadlines while also working on other strategic projects. He/She not only has financial analysis/reporting knowledge but has experience in creating and managing databases (ex: SQL). The Procurement Analyst works with varying levels of management across multiple teams so strong and tactful communication skills are key. He/She continually assesses their surroundings and implements process improvements through the use of technology and automation to enhance our validation and reporting processes. He/She takes full ownership of their tasks and processes and can thoroughly and confidently speak to them.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates and/or validates complex spreadsheets, documents, reports and presentations (e.g., negotiable spend, supplier financial analysis, Total Cost of Ownership, financial models, etc.)
- Builds and maintains cross functional relationships in order to quickly validate savings opportunities; manages timelines and works with others to produce consistent results
- Conducts post-implementation audits to ensure negotiated rates are being utilized in order to validate actual savings
- Creates weekly and monthly reporting for UPS senior leadership, internal and external to Procurement; conducts audits of databases and weekly reports to ensure data structures are intact and final output meets strategic objectives
- Develops process improvements through the use of technology and automation; creates process documentation
- Supports and enforces Procurement policies, Sarbanes-Oxley, and all other audit and regulated Procurement requirements to ensure compliance
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled at identifying basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department and business unit results; demonstrates ability to use multiple methods to measure performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, formatting inconsistencies, etc.)
- Recognizes basic impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technological barriers; maintains appropriate technological knowledge
- Understands financial statements and how Procurement savings will impact the bottom line
- Experience using research problems to guide relevant data gathering and benchmarking
- Experience building and maintaining databases (ex: SQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) with a focus in Finance or Accounting - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.