- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 261142
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Procurement is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to assist with performing financial forecasting, reporting, and analysis of the global Procurement budget. If you’re looking to make an impact with your reporting and analytical skills, we want to hear from you!
The Procurement Finance Specialist will analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements. The analyst will also be responsible for developing and implementing innovative operational processes for the team. This role requires cross-functional collaboration to provide analytical support for commodity-related initiatives and strategic organizational objectives. He/she will manage day-to-day activities by collecting data and providing stakeholders with support and maintenance of various reports used within the Procurement function.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates and maintains complex spreadsheets and reports for Procurement initiatives from multiple data sources
- Responsible for assisting with budgeting $100M+ across thousands of accounts and more than 80 Procurement cost centers
- Examines monthly cost reports and provides explanations for expense variances
- Creates journal entries for accruals and adjustments during month-end close
- Investigates monthly shipments to verify accounts are being charged properly
- Assists with updating and maintaining employee records for 700+ Procurement positions across multiple platforms
- Communicates strategies and results through recurring reporting to leadership
- Conducts data analysis and obtains stakeholder feedback to execute process improvement as opportunities arise
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled in researching problems for benchmarking and gathering data for each business case; develops a working knowledge of literature related to research problem
- Understands basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate report generation
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues (e.g. missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Recognizes basic impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technological barriers; maintains appropriate technological knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.