- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 182384
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
If you’re looking for a great opportunity to expand your financial acumen with the global leader in logistics, then we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a Finance Specialist who is responsible for one or more of the following areas: contract compliance, expense auditing, quarterly SOX audits, and Sales and Solutions field support. He/She assists the senior members of the accounting, operations, and compliance team.
One of the primary responsibilities of the Finance Specialist is auditing areas of concern (e.g., unusual costs) to ensure proper reporting. He/She assists Operations with payroll loads to ensure payroll is processed timely and generates reports to track and manage discretionary spending (e.g., AMEX, Visa, Oracle, etc.). This position communicates with operators in each department to identify journal expenses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes Group Meeting Approval requests
- Processes International Travel Approval requests
- Monitors changes in staffing to ensure proper accounting
- Audits areas of concern (e.g., Amex Expenditures) to ensure proper reporting occurs
- Researches requested expenses and project trends to ensure operation is within budget guidelines
- Gathers preliminary data for management to help determine strategic direction for communications (e.g., reactive, proactive, limited or full disclosure, etc.) to maintain UPS’s positive public image during a crisis
- Clarifies payroll coding issues (e.g., vacation, training, etc.) to ensure proper charges
- Supports Sales and Solutions Customer Facing team resolve funding questions
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Proficient in financial terminology and concepts (cash flow, operating profit/loss, net income) to conduct financial analyses
- General knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Experience with Microsoft Office products or equivalent software
- Database and Data Warehouse skills - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field – Preferred
- Experience in auditing documents – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.