F&A Systems Specialist
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 207641
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
F&A Systems Specialist
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a Systems Specialist to serve as liaison between global users and analysts for systems enhancements and production issues. He/She maintains the reporting systems used by the function. The Systems Specialist develops and executes test scenarios for existing and new functionalities. He/She builds reports necessary for end users. The supports provides application support to users.
The Systems Specialist interacts with a multitude of internal customers to determine requirements and evaluate issues. This role deals with bi-annual user audits and assists the group supervisors with research and development in both projects and issues. The System Specialist role also performs ad-hoc analysis as directed by the group Controller.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicates with users to clarify issues and to determine business impacts
- Communicates with users to deliver solutions for enhancements, fixes, and testing
- Tests code changes to ensure proper functionality
- Creates new business plan and profit plan reports in the financial reporting and planning database to support stakeholders
- Evaluates testing environments to ensure validity
- Develops scenarios for test scripts to ensure valid and operational applications
- Executes test scripts to ensure test cases are operating according to expectations
- Verifies data to ensure accuracy
- Develops and maintains queries in the function's reporting systems to generate business reports
- Analyzes financial reporting and data variances to identify problem root causes and implements corrective solutions
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files
- Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others
- Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Accurately reads and interprets reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g. missing variables, incorrect data
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel including hotkey memorization, vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, nested if statements, etc.
- Experience using PL/SQL or MS SQL - Preferred
- Demonstrable VBA experience - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.