F&A Senior Admin Assistant
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 279944
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
F&A Senior Admin Assistant
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Finance and Accounting (F&A) Senior Admin Assistant assists with the delivery of the Global Accounting Centers (GACs) controls and compliance objectives, including supporting self-audits, and providing communications on accounting policies and compliance. This position works directly with their supervisor to maintain a strong control environment across the GACs.
The F&A Senior Admin Assistant performs general administrative responsibilities including preparation of reports using various software packages, compilation of information from various sources, and handling small scale projects. This role performs general office duties that may include word processing, data entry, auditing documents, answering phones, distributing mail, reserving conference rooms, coordinating meetings and other duties as assigned. The incumbent may deal with confidential material on a regular basis.
- Completes self-assessment testing of account reconciliations completed in the General Accounting Centers (GAC)
- Works with support personnel both within and outside of the GAC to complete audit requirements
- Conducts Business Process Reviews (BPR) of GAC financial processes
- Completes account reconciliation testing on behalf of Corporate Internal Audit
- Tracks corrective action plan (CAP) responses to ensure implementation for all testing, including self-assessment testing conducted by the group
- Supports other audits (internal, external, etc.) as necessary
- Performs other special projects as necessary
- Assists with variance analysis
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP)
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Utilizes strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Interprets ambiguous and complex information, understanding relationships and constructing relevant analysis for diagnostics and implementation
- Demonstrates business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels and varying cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
- Minimum 1 year of Finance and Accounting experience, including audit and/or reporting
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law