External Reporting Manager
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 271629
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
External Reporting Manager
- Atlanta, Georgia
The External Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the accounting and reporting processes associated with Merger and Acquisition (M&A) transactions. The incumbent assists in researching and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment of transactions based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position manages others within the department.
- Manages project plan to ensure completion of all required tasks and addresses project risk appropriately
- Prepares and reviews updates to the company’s internal accounting policies and procedures manual, to ensure that accounting personnel in other parts of the company have access to current UPS accounting policies
- Works cross-functionally throughout M&A life-cycle to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Provides updates to senior management for project status and accounting impacts associated with M&A transactions
- Identifies and prepares US GAAP required accounting entries and SEC disclosures as a result of M&A transaction activity
- Provides supporting documentation and other materials to the external auditors in conjunction with the completion of their required audits
- Works cross-functionally with various accounting and non-accounting departments to identify and address transaction impacts to financial statements
- Performs accounting research for technical issues to ensure Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other statutory filings comply with GAAP, SEC disclosure requirements and related guidance
- Documents accounting treatment for the technical issues
- Prepares accounting entries and documentation for several complex accounting areas as it pertains to M&A transactions
- Applies standard GAAP methods; makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions
- Uses the enterprise strategy to identify the key indicators of performance for individuals, departments, and/or groups; creates measures relevant to desired results; recommends methods for measurement (e.g., surveys, focus groups, observations, metrics, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Accounting or Finance
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing and reporting
- Experience working in a Public Accounting Firm
- Experience with acquisition and divestiture accounting
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.