Corporate Accounting Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 207720
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Corporate Accounting Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Corporate Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of the general ledger and the monthly accounting cycle to ensure thoroughness and accuracy. He/She has comprehensive knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and administers all internal Enterprise Wide Accounting Policies and Procedures (EWAPPM). This position ensures that accounting transactions are properly recorded, posted, processed, and reported to ensure accurate presentation of the balance sheet and income statement. The Corporate Accounting Supervisor responds to internal customer escalations and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting controls. He/She directs the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, profit and loss statements, control checklists, and statistical information.
The Corporate Accounting Supervisor communicates process objectives, steps, and changes to ensure processes are performed in compliance with EWAPPM standards. He/She reviews SOX and self-audit findings to improve processes and ensure quality and efficiency compliance. The Corporate Accounting Supervisor identifies and analyzes process errors and anomalies (e.g., coding errors, variance analysis, etc.) to ensure customers receive thorough and accurate replies for improving ineffective processes. He/She serves as a subject matter expert to develop accounting application guidelines. The Corporate Accounting Supervisor is comfortable interacting with other internal UPS groups to communicate findings and recommendations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to customer inquiries (e.g., processes, accrual, etc.) and escalations to resolve accounting concerns in timely manner and maintain customer satisfaction
- Analyzes the impact of systems on current processes and conducts ongoing quality assurance to ensure system integrity and smooth workflow
- Evaluates reporting requirements to ensure systems meet guidelines and regulatory standards
- Approves streamlined reporting processes and monitors published reporting to ensure data is accurate, reliable, and timely
- Writes desk level procedures to retain and utilize in training, process documentation, and compliance policies
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans
Knowledge and Skills
- Communication skills: Able to clearly articulate viewpoints and comfortable asking questions to clarify understanding
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses
- Report Generation: Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating Finance and Accounting knowledge – Preferred
- Experience with root cause analysis and documentation – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.