- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 197099
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Consolidations Supervisor is responsible for reviewing, approving, or preparing monthly consolidated financial reports and statements; and assigned general ledger reconciliations. He/She ensures intercompany financial transactions are properly recorded by reviewing, approving, or recording monthly journal entries, eliminating inter-company financial transactions for the consolidated ledger, and performing ending balance variance explanations. This position supervises other employees.
The Consolidations Supervisor reviews, approves, and performs general ledger account reconciliations. He/She reviews, approves, and records standard and miscellaneous journal entries to record transactions in the general ledger. This position reviews, approves, or records domestic and international intercompany charges to ensure proper allocation to the districts, regions, and countries. He/She gathers and analyzes monthly account transactions from the financial reporting tool (i.e., Oracle, OBI and Khalix) to review monthly trial balance, balance sheet and income statement. This position reviews, approves, and ensures accuracy of account balances and provides financial details from the consolidated ledger to explain month-end ledger balances and inaccuracies to ensure regions, districts and countries are aware of the causes. The Consolidations Supervisor reviews, approves, and performs the duties outlined below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares and completes monthly reconciliation reports for department senior management to validate financial accuracy prior to reporting financial results
- Researches and investigates misclassified accounting items to ensure they are balanced and cleared for the following month’s reconciliation report
- Eliminates inter-company (e.g., UPS subsidiaries, Capital Corporation, etc.) financial transactions and reviews the trial balance report to ensure accurate account balance reversals for the following month-end close
- Prepares the monthly consolidated general ledger with backup documentation supporting the general ledger to adhere to audit requirements and for recorded elimination journal entries
- Reconciles and analyzes inter-company activities, payables, bank accounts, and consolidated ledgers to ensure accuracy for quarterly reporting
- Reviews balance sheets and income statements to ensure each region has entered a variance explanation for account imbalances
- Compiles reports on restricted tax accounts to assist the External Reporting group in their investigation of unauthorized companies charging activities to the accounts
- Records domestic and international charges from external accounting to transfer and allocate to various UPS regions, districts, and countries to ensure accurate reporting
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals
- Performs yearly Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Separation of Duty (SOD) audits from Internal and External Audit groups
Knowledge and Skills
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety
- Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Experience with Khalix and Oracle
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (e.g., using formulas, pivot tables) - Preferred
- Supervisory experience (2-5 years) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.