Compliance Systems Specialist
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 199940
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Compliance Systems Specialist
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a dynamic Compliance Systems Specialist to assist in formulating cross functional work streams focused on Compliance and Operational Risk initiatives across the entire organization. He/She supports the Compliance and Operational Risk Group in facilitating financial processes and managing pricing/profitability analysis, contract renewals, and accounting compliance. This position develops, updates, and maintains various databases, programs, and materials to support specific compliance program functional areas.
The Compliance Systems Specialist analyzes financial and risk-related data to assist and support the Compliance and Operational Risk Group in effectively planning strategic and tactical direction for the company. The Compliance Systems Specialist performs analysis on UPS-specific and industry data, identifies potential obstacles and suggests strategic recommendations for improving profitability. He/She is privy to sensitive information across all business units and function, and maintains a high level of confidentiality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides critical insight and analysis in support of compliance initiatives including the development of hypotheses, proposed work plans, analytics, socialization and implementation planning and desired output
- Works closely with current Procurement teams to drive creation of KPI’s, metrics, process assessment and implementation of compliance initiatives
- Designs and maintains KPI reporting to ensure and track the effectiveness of the team
- Conducts analyses to capture noncompliant procurement activities and coherently delivers the findings to formulate strategic decision making
- Runs ad hoc reporting as requested to meet immediate business needs
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail-oriented with broad understanding of Finance, Accounting and general Business principles
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and performance-driven individual with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn multiple functional responsibilities and processes
- Creative thinker who questions status quo and remains comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Ability to run and manage highly complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field – Preferred
- Proficient knowledge in SQL Server Management Studios – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.