Complex Commodity Supervisor
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: Morris Road Location
- Job ID: 194522
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Complex Commodity Supervisor
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a Complex Commodity Supervisor to supports the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within the assigned commodity. He/She procures products and services at the highest quality and best rate. He/She helps define requirements to meet global business needs. This position may supervise others within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises the Strategic Sourcing Process to initiate purchase requests (RFPs) for the assigned commodity
- Coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers to negotiate or conduct reverse auctions to ensure the bid process is followed by Procurement Analysis
- Analyzes the Total Cost of Ownership to determine the most desirable and best method of purchase
- Oversees response to calls and requests from internal customers to ensure customer needs are met
- Resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs
- Assesses and validates customer needs and expectations (e.g., conducts research, evaluates resources, makes sourcing recommendations, etc.) to ensure that the right products or services are delivered on time and at the right price
- Interprets contact provisions to monitor contract incentive process
- Oversees contract maintenance and reviews contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price, and performance
- Identifies contract amendment and addendum process as necessary and appropriate and communicates to Manager
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance
Knowledge and Skills
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project
- Identifies basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results; demonstrates a general ability to use multiple measurement methods for measuring performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Recognizes importance of understanding global and cultural diversity; interested in learning about cultural differences that impact business
- Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of UPS and vendor business needs and goals; reviews and recommends appropriate vendors based on business needs to internal stakeholders; provides input into the creation of vendor contracts or agreements; communicates expectations to vendors
- Must have experience negotiating service agreements
- Must have 3 to 5 years of Procurement experience
- Supervisor experience - Preferred
- Experience with sourcing system - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.