- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 258776
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Commodity Supervisor supports the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within assigned commodity. He/She coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers to negotiate or conduct reverse auctions to ensure the bid process is followed by Procurement Analysis. The Commodity Supervisor analyzes the Total Cost of Ownership to determine the most desirable and best method of purchase. This position works with cross-functional teams, conducts site visits, pre-bid and contract follow-up meetings, and interviews as necessary to evaluate supplier products, services, and capabilities. The Commodity Supervisor develops an expertise, with minimal supervision, in an assigned category through the industry, market, underlying cost factors and their effect on product quality and reliability in order to identify cost savings and/or quality improvement opportunities. He/She formulates strategic sourcing initiatives for an assigned category, with minimal supervision, in order to identify opportunities and optimize internal supply chain and market.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works to understand the supplier relationship, develop supplier performance measures and incentives, and create a plan for achieving identified savings
- Resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs
- Assesses and validates customer needs and expectations (e.g., conducts research, evaluates resources, makes sourcing recommendations, etc.) to ensure that the right products or services are delivered on time, and at the right price
- Drafts contracts based on UPS standards, vendor proposals, and UPS requirements to secure deals with vendors
- Modifies standard contracts based on commercial and technical needs and vendor proposal to develop contractual requirements for final acceptance
- Works with outside counsel to write and negotiate project specific contracts for highly visible, high dollar value contracts
- Develops position papers to highlight commercial and contractual issues and concerns, and determines project and contractual goals
- Prepares contract summaries, risk analysis documents, and recommendations for management to execute binding agreements and justify the commercial viability of recommendations
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure ethical and fair business practices
- Develops Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), evaluation matrices, and vendor correspondence to meet business needs
Knowledge and Skills
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Identifies basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results; demonstrates a general ability to use multiple measurement methods for measuring performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Multicultural Agility: Recognizes importance of understanding global and cultural diversity; interested in learning about cultural differences that impact business
- Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party’s objectives
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing and commodities
- Manufacturing experience (printing, corrugated box and products made from raw materials)
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically advanced Excel
- Availability for travel
Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Procurement or Graphic Communications related field - Preferred
Experience editing and negotiating procurement contracts - Preferred
Experience in Oracle - Preferred
Experience in Ariba - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.