Commodity Supervisor (Information Technology)
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 206971
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Commodity Supervisor (Information Technology)
- Atlanta, Georgia
If you’re looking for an exciting career opportunity to lead a team who makes an impact with your analytical and project management skills, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Supervisor who works with and leads cross-functional teams to provide support as part of the Strategic Sourcing, Center of Excellence Team.
The Strategic Sourcing Supervisor supports the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within the Indirect & IT commodity groups. He/She coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers to negotiate or conduct reverse auctions to ensure the bid process is followed by Procurement Analysis. The Strategic Sourcing Supervisor analyzes the Total Cost of Ownership to determine the most desirable and best method of purchase. This position works with cross-functional teams, conducts site visits, pre-bid and contract follow-up meetings, and interviews as necessary to evaluate supplier products, services, and capabilities. The Strategic Sourcing Supervisor develops an expertise, with minimal supervision, in an assigned category through the industry, market, underlying cost factors and their effect on product quality and reliability in order to identify cost savings and/or quality improvement opportunities. He/She formulates strategic sourcing initiatives for an assigned category, with minimal supervision, in order to identify opportunities and optimize internal supply chain and market.
This position can be located in Atlanta, GA or Mahwah, NJ.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works to understand the supplier relationship, develop supplier performance measures and incentives, and create a plan for achieving identified savings
- Resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs
- Assesses and validates customer needs and expectations (e.g., conducts research, evaluates resources, makes sourcing recommendations, etc.) to ensure that the right products or services are delivered on time, and at the right price
- Drafts contracts based on UPS standards, vendor proposals, and UPS requirements to secure deals with vendors
Knowledge and Skills
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Identifies basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results; demonstrates a general ability to use multiple measurement methods for measuring performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Multicultural Agility: Recognizes importance of understanding global and cultural diversity; interested in learning about cultural differences that impact business
- Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party’s objectives
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Procurement
- Commodity experience (IT, Professional Services, Telecom, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically advanced Excel or Access
- Experience with Oracle, Ariba and/or Coupa - Preferred
- Vendor sourcing, negotiations, contract management, analytic tools (Excel, SQL, Alteryx, Access, etc.) and programming/coding - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.