Center of Excellence Specialist
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 200109
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Center of Excellence Specialist
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Center of Excellence (COE) Specialist is responsible for facilitating project management activities within the entire IFP&A department. He/She will help manage the IFP&A SharePoint site, project priorities, project plans and project tracking across all groups. By facilitating a collaborative work environment in the department, the Center of Excellence (COE) Specialist will help drive IFP&A towards our International Transformation goal of eliminating manual processes and continuous standardization across all international regions. Center of Excellence (COE) Specialist is also responsible for working with the Reporting team, during peak reporting times, to produce executive level reports for international staff. This position will not supervise others within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Re-design IFP&A SharePoint site – works with each IFP&A group to gather SharePoint requirements, re-designs IFP&A SharePoint site to facilitate collaborative environment for departmental needs, maintains/manages user rights
- Facilitates project management across the department by helping maintain IFP&A priority list, consolidating high priority project plans from each group, and tracking progress towards project milestones
- Integrates current COE reporting processes with the IFP&A Reporting team
- Works closely with IFP&A Reporting team and region F&A teams on monthly reporting for international staff
- Analyzes and completes ad hoc reporting requests to meet internal and external customer needs
- Creates custom reports to produce requested financial data (e.g., month/QTD/YTD actuals, plan, last year, etc.) for senior management
- Develops streamlines/automates current reporting processes for efficiency
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting weekly reporting process; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs
- Accurately reads and interprets financial reports; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and improve current processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field - Preferred
- Power BI knowledge – Preferred
- SharePoint knowledge – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.