Automation Deployment SupervisorUPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: ATLANTA, GA - United States Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 203344 Zip Code 30328
The Automation Deployment Group is responsible for the research and development of new automated sortation systems, including robotics and autonomous guided vehicles, (AGVs), solutions for sortation and transportation. The Automation Deployment Group is also responsible for developing equipment performance criteria and providing field support for Level 5 and Level 6 acceptance testing, and system performance enhancements campaigns. The group continually interfaces with sortation equipment vendors to develop new equipment for deployment in the field.
The Automation Deployment Project Supervisor works with vendors to improve existing equipment, validates automated sortation equipment performance and works with the field to resolve specific sorter problems. He/She is responsible for the deployment of new automated solutions, robotic and Autonomous Guided Vehicles, (AGVs) solutions and providing support in the field.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises team of interns in analyzing sorter performs
- Performs sortation systems analysis to monitor and validate system performance in facilities
- Works with vendors to develop and improve automated sortation systems in the field
- Provides field support for facility engineers and project managers to resolve sortation system performance issues
- Supports the L5 and L6 acceptance testing process
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of automated sortation systems to perform analysis and identify suboptimal equipment performance and propose solutions
- Demonstrates understanding of UPS package operation and business needs and recommends appropriate solutions
- Holds vendors accountable for meeting system performance
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources
- Uses the appropriate style, level of detail, grammar, and organization of thought in technical writing
- Previous experience as Plant Engineering Supervisor with skills in Automated Sortation Systems in an automated hub
- Available for domestic travel 30-40% within the United States, including occasional weekend travel
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or Science - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.