Advanced Analytics Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: 35 GLENLAKE BUILDING
- Job ID: 170985
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Advanced Analytics Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Advanced Analytics Statistician focuses on solving complex client business problems using advanced statistical analysis and reporting of data. He/she develops business intelligence and data warehousing solutions that increase UPS profits and service levels. This position is involved in business development and shaping operating methodologies and standards for the business.
The Advanced Analytics Statistician explores relevant model data to gain insight of variables and identify relationships with existing data. He/she creates, tests, validates, and documents the appropriate modeling methodology (e.g., cluster analysis, regression, simulation, decision tree, etc.) to appropriately solve the problem. This position utilizes the model to understand the underlying structure of business issues, relationships between variables, and the effectiveness of proposed solutions. The Advanced Analytics Statistician gathers information and data from stakeholders and UPS data repositories (e.g., data warehouse, Information Library, internal server databases, etc.) to initiate the analysis process. He/she performs analyses, interprets results, creates reports, and follows up on audits to ensure effective communication.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to identify areas where analytical support is needed.
- Identifies overall issues, performance measures, constraints, or limitations to improve existing processes and procedures.
- Develops and communicates the analysis plan and timeline to ensure solutions are in place and the desired results are achieved.
- Manipulates large data sets containing large amounts of information to translate into common formats for further analysis.
- Writes customized mathematical programs in a standard language (e.g. C, C++, Perl, etc.) to conduct analysis.
- Communicates solutions and desired results to stakeholders and senior management to obtain approval and support for implementation.
- Identifies and evaluates business issues within UPS to validate benefits from new technologies and approaches.
- Tests the latest software packages to increase understanding of solving mathematical problems with state-of-the-art techniques.
- Remains current on system fundamentals, networks, and database administration to ensure accurate analysis techniques are used.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of UPS's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions across multiple business units; develops strategies for cross-portfolio selling opportunities; applies knowledge of the operations and markets served by multiple business units and relevant business cycles such as seasonal trends; adapts explanations of UPS's products, services, and/or customer facing technology solutions to varying situations, audiences, or customers.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Demonstrates a complex knowledge of how to conduct customer analysis using typical sources of information to uncover customer facts, trends, or competitors; conducts analyses in routine situations to identify customer requirements, acceptance, and perceived cost and performance of products and services; prioritizes services and features offered according to results of analyses; develops promotions of products, services, and features based upon analyses of customer data; recommends different research approaches and promotional ideas for products and services.
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Selects the most appropriate method(s) for conducting gap analysis and performance assessment; establishes performance measures (e.g. balance scorecard measures); investigates and determines root cause(s) of performance problems; identifies areas for improvement in measures and measurement methods and makes recommendations for changes.
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge: Conducts capacity and feasibility studies; estimates equipment or inventory, times, future requirements, costs, risks, or potential; makes short to medium-term projections; recommends new methodologies for forecasting or estimating.
- Finance Knowledge: Applies advanced financial analysis techniques to draw conclusions from financial data; understands and evaluates implications of alternatives; makes decisions on an appropriate course of action.
- Statistical Analysis: Demonstrates extensive knowledge of statistical sampling, tests, and analyses and chooses the most appropriate method; demonstrates extensive knowledge of multivariate and generalized linear models and time series models; demonstrates an ability to interpret results and draw conclusions from analyses; troubleshoots errors in data, models, and interpretation; creates processes for improving the integrity of existing data.
- Technology Knowledge: Leverages technological knowledge to achieve business objectives; resolves technological issues impeding work; adapts technological information, facts, or data to varying situations or groups; recommends changes to technological approach based upon knowledge of trends and best practices.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Economics – Preferred
- PhD. in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Economics – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.