PT Operations SupervisorButner Primary Location: ASHLAND, VA - United States Facility Butner Job ID 208064 Zip Code 23005
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Part-Time Operations Supervisor (MI) for its Mail Innovations department. The PT Operations Supervisor will be responsible for supervising operations related to mail receiving, processing, sorting and shipping operations, as well as coordinating with facility administrative activities.
The Part-Time Operations Supervisor responsibilities may include, but are no limited to the following:
• Supervise the activities of staff in mail receiving, processing, sorting and shipping operations in a timely, cost effective manner, consistent with established operations procedures and USPS.
• Meet or exceed productivity goals established for mail operations functions.
• Ensure accuracy of direct mail processing and preparation operations in accordance with USPS requirements, customer requests, and established procedures.
• Train assigned on-site staff and follow-up to ensure work is accurate and complete.
• Maintain confidentiality of all internal systems, procedures, and customer data and personnel information.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships as needed with customer operational staff, applicable USPS staff and vendors.
• Plan and recommend appropriate staff levels consistent with workload demands.
• Assure that operational supplies are on-hand and available at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly environment in all operations areas of the Regional Processing Facility.
Education and Experience:
• 1+ year of management/supervisory experience in a production/processing environment required. The successful candidate will have prior experience in both operations and customer service. Candidate must have a High School diploma or equivalent degree.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Must be detailed oriented and have strong customer service skills
• Must have the ability to make quick decisions within tight timelines
• Must be able to be provide supervision, training, and/or development of facility operations employees and contract staff
• Must be able to solve problems involving multiple functional areas of mail operations and logistics
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.