WMS Techno Functional Consultant
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Applications Developer performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives. He/She provides development, maintenance, and support for the Mobile and web-based applications.
- Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to application issues
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources
- Ability to work well under pressure, make key decisions, and motivate others.
- Provide support for multiple applications and interfaces
- 3-5 years warehouse systems support experience
- 1-2 years leadership skills
- Basic support experience using a ticket management system (i.e. SMC.)
- Oracle SQL (intermediate)
- Linux/Unix (Shell scripting) (Basic)
- Working knowledge in an Agile program preferably Scrum
- Experience with .NET, ASP .NET Web Programming, C# .NET and C++
- Knowledge of Agile Development
- Familiarity with WinCE, Android platform Mobile System, C# .NET, Java, XML / WinCE & Android Mobile development Accountability, Technical Analysis, Risk Management and ServiceNow (SMC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany, Mahwah and Wayne
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.