UX/UI Digital Experience Designer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 268261
- Zip Code: 30005
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
CAPITAL LEAD Snapshot
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
The Resources To Innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows you to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how you can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And you can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where you can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UX/UI Digital Experience Designer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
UX/UI Digital Experience Supervisor
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
The User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer participates in a variety of UI/UX activities that lead to superior application experiences for end users. The incumbent will work across teams to contribute to the development of engaging, positive user experiences for digital solutions for internal UPS customers. This position participates in research, analysis, design and usability testing activities along with supporting documentation for project related activities and tasks. The incumbent participates in and is a contributor to the creation of visual interactive user experiences that play a central role in future development efforts. This position follows UI/UX design standards, guidelines and strategies that will serve as the foundation for creating cohesive experiences. The incumbent supports the UI/UX department strategy, the integration of the user experience team and these concepts within UPS, and multiple project deliverables across the enterprise.
- Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies
- Identifies new and emerging UI/UX design strategies, research techniques, and user trends to maintain industry competitiveness
- Contributes to intuitive, engaging design solutions to satisfy various user experiences including websites, native mobile, product user interfaces, other digital initiatives, and all points in between (i.e., wireframes, flows, mockups and visual prototypes)
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
- Optimizes existing user interface designs and combines creativity with an awareness of the design elements to create new ones
- Develops technical and business requirements and always strives to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Monitors project activities to ensure governance, standards, and policies compliance
- Promotes testing of new ideas before implementing
- Communicates and documents research, analysis, and test results to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Documents newly created interaction models, user/task flows and screen designs to ensure consistency, reusability, and future optimization
- Facilitates collaboration among stakeholders to achieve project goals and objectives
- Communicates and prepares proper presentations to provide timely updates
- Knowledge of usability factors and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility compliance in Human Computer Interaction
- Experience using products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD and Figma
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses ability to discuss and explain design options
- Displays critical thinking skill and is detail oriented
- Digital Portfolio is a requirement
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a UI/UX Designer or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) in relevant field
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law