Sr. Finance Supervisor
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Facility: Morris Road Location
- Job ID: 263791
- Zip Code: 30005
- Street Address: 12380 MORRIS ROAD
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Sr. Finance Supervisor
- Alpharetta, Georgia
The Senior Finance Supervisor leads product analytics, planning and interactions with products, operations, IE, etc to enable right business decision making. The position will be actively involved in cross functional projects and adhoc analysis, leveraging SQL and UPS’s internal finance and accounting systems.
The position examines reporting systems/tools (i.e., TEP, FLOTE, Longview, GPR, Cube, etc) to determine the right source to enable analytics for the team. He/She compiles and prepares business interpretation of analysis for senior staff in form of story line, using presentations, graphs, charts, etc. This position prepares and tracks progress of projects through financial KPIs. The Senior Finance Supervisor will be the finance point person for product/business teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collects information to ensure valid data is available for analysis
- Creates new SQL coding, excel templates, PowerBI tools to improve efficiency of complex analytics
- Identifies, design and develop analytical tools for the field
- Consolidates and analyzes inputs from field to develop short and long term projections
- Researches business trends to determine root causes of financial swings
- Consults with relevant parties to obtain additional insights on the analysis and verify assumptions
- Analyzes and summarizes data in order to offer insight to upper level management
- Reviews and evaluates new business proposals to ensure they are within acceptable range of financial KPIs
- Identifies and proposes cost saving initiatives
- Analyzes marketing, new products and services data to answer business questions about competitors, customers and market trends
- Facilitates meetings with stakeholders to determine project requirements and establishes timelines
- Evaluates marginal cost model processes to provide backup for the continual propagation of short and long term projections
- Monitors modeling techniques to determine cost changes needed to enhance procedures
- Examines analysis results to validate models and determine inputs causing changes to expected results
- Develops/manages specialists within the department
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Possesses knowledge of database design principles; identifies users’ requirements and needs with guidance from others
- Exhibits understanding of the importance of maintaining and updating databases
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Management Information Systems, Economics or a related field – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.