Senior Data Engineer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
Senior Data Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Senior Data Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The Senior Data Developer will be required to provide 24/7 support on an occasional basis.
- Experience with Database Cloud Technology, Data Analytics, SQL Language, Web Development, Microsoft Azure, JSON and Agile Development
- 1 - 2 years of experience working with Cloud Technologies
- 3 – 5 years of developing applications using Big Data technologies and Apache Spark
- Knowledge of data warehouses and ETL processes
- Knowledge of programming languages related to Big Data, Python, Scala, or R
- Knowledge of SQL Server, PL/SQL, and writing moderately complex queries
- Knowledge of microservice architectures, RESTful API development, Angular, and front-end development
- Ability to learn new programming languages and adapt based on requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills and Initiative
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany, Mahwah and Wayne
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.