Operations Research AnalystUPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: ALPHARETTA, GA - United States Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 185878 Zip Code 30005
UPS is seeking an experienced and dynamic Operations Research (OR) Analyst to apply OR methodologies to model UPS business situations resulting in the development of systems. He/She collaborates with users and planning groups. The OR Analyst applies optimization techniques to business problems (i.e., gathering of requirements, researching technical methods, and creating prototypes). If this sounds like your ideal career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The OR Analyst formulates, design and develop decision support models, proof of concepts, and prototypes to solve complex business problem and produces implementable solutions. He/She researches methods to change optimization models to achieve desired results. This position analyzes and evaluates existing optimization models to ensure results are accurate. The OR Analyst works with user groups to refine requirements and output to obtain desired results. He/She confers with software development groups to establish requirements and obtain test data. The OR Analyst may manage supervisors within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists or leads development of benefit/cost analyses models, formulates mathematical models, builds simulation models, calibrates and validates models
- Coordinates with work groups to obtain necessary data and parameter settings
- Reviews requirements to understand the type of model needed
- Evaluates alternative methods to provide desired results from the model
- Interprets results to ensure proper understanding of what the model produced
- Discusses findings with project lead and business to evaluate validity of findings
- Makes changes to models to ensure the tools produce the desired results
- Solicits feedback from users to ensure changes are working
- Applies existing optimization tools to provide customer with a one-time answer
- Supervises and develops others
Knowledge and Skills
- Conducts Research: Identifies the business problem that requires research; identifies sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; analyzes the available data; summarizes information from data sources
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem
- Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Identifies routine work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes in general terms, process capability studies; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information
- Experience with Tableau, R, and strong skills in SQL
- Experience with object oriented programming languages and optimization solvers such as CPLEX, Gurobi, C#, Python, etc.
- Master's Degree in Operations Research - Preferred
- PHD in Operations Research - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.