Lead Software Development Engineer - Salary Grade 30E
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This is a hybrid role. The incumbent will be required to work in the office 2x's a week.
This position will consider candidates from the following I.T. Campus locations: NJ, MD, GA & KY.
This position provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. He/She guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. He/She provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position leads junior team members with project related activities and tasks. He/She guides and influences department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
- Leads systems analysis and design.
- Leads design and development of applications.
- Develops and ensures creation of application documents.
- Defines and produces integration builds.
- Monitors emerging technology trends.
- Leads maintenance and support.
- 7 + years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of Agile Development.
- Familiarity with CO/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with RES based microservices.
- 2 + years' operating services on Kubernetes.
- 3+ years' operating in a Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Java and JVM ecosystem knowledge.
- Have performed code reviews and experience adhering to coding standards.
- Infrastructure & Integration via APIs & Web Services.
- Familiarity with Project Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Additional Technical Experience:
- SQL and NoSQL Datastores (Couchbase, Mongo, Postgres, Redis)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)/Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Methodologies
- API lifecycle and governance experience
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.Learn More