GLD Project Management Analyst
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Facility: Morris Road Location
- Job ID: 274855
- Zip Code: 30005
- Street Address: 12380 MORRIS ROAD
CAPITAL LEAD Snapshot
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
The Resources To Innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows you to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how you can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And you can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where you can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
GLD Project Management Analyst
- Alpharetta, Georgia
The Project Management Analyst plans, organizes, coordinates, and tracks activities to develop, deploy, and upgrade software and hardware. He/She troubleshoots project issues to maintain schedules utilizing established processes and procedures and makes recommendations for preventing recurrences. This position coordinates deployments and implementations and facilitates activities to ensure programs and projects are implemented successfully and meet established deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items
- Creates task lists and cost and time estimates to support project plan development
- Performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan and quality review requirements
- Coordinates the installation and removal of hardware and software to comply with user requests
- Initiates actions to ensure targets comply with established safety and quality procedures
- Ensures issues and requests are handled effectively to conform to procedures
- Reviews issues' documentation to verify utilization of appropriate forms
- Collaborates with subordinates to clarify product planning and design and to coordinate deployments
- Evaluates products to determine risk factors
- Interacts with stakeholders to clarify project and business needs
- Provides customer service to end users to ensure value in products and services
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of the existence of foundation architecture standards; supports the need to adhere to standards; knows who to ask for information and guidance
- Describes the foundation hardware and demonstrates familiarity with architectural principles, guidelines, and standards in own functional area; demonstrates working knowledge of operating and physical environment requirements for hardware components
- Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance
- Understands UPS products, services, and internal systems: asks appropriate questions to gain clear understanding of system issues; documents and clearly communicate system issues to appropriate groups (e.g. Information Services, User Reps, TSG, system users, etc.)
- Demonstrates understanding of principles of network technology; reads component diagrams, conducts basic troubleshooting, sets up and undertakes routine preventative maintenance on components used in voice and data networking; reports on problems and recommends expenditure to take remedial action, where appropriate
- Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements
- Demonstrates a general understanding of the need for change; understands where gaps exist between current and desired states; determines behaviors that align with or detract from change objectives
- Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of at least one system tool or utility and working knowledge of several other types of system tools or utilities; develops, administers, and/or supports systems and applications processes with limited assistance; measures the capabilities of individual system tools to satisfy development, support, and process needs
- Develops and manages one or more defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety
- Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties
- Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Identifies and evaluates risks; determines and applies appropriate risk treatment(s)
- Conducts root cause analysis and diagnoses and manages technical problems using pre-defined steps, limited experience, and available tools
- Modifies or adjusts logistics, schedule, rollout plans, or support material; identifies and communicates routine implementation issues and plans; uses existing plans to implement technology solutions
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law