- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Facility: Morris Road Location
- Job ID: 220458
- Zip Code: 30005
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Alpharetta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a Finance and Accounting Reporting Specialist to support the Global Freight Forwarding (GFF) business unit. He/She will use internal systems to generate reports, perform financial and variance analysis, create and document process improvements and provide training and support to internal customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Uses internal system tools to complete detailed financial and variance analysis
- Recommends process updates to utilize in training, process documentation and compliance policies
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to publish basic, specialized and ad-hoc financial reports
- Provides test support to assist with systems processing and implementation
- Maintains the financial planning and forecasting system
- Implements change requests (e.g., reconfiguring account structures and hierarchies, etc.) to facilitate accurate reporting
- Maps new cost centers with the corresponding cost center code and chart of accounts to ensure accurate set-up and maintenance
- Provides regions with system support to update users on new processes and procedures
- Generates weekly volume and revenue reports to provide management with financial results
- Generates and reviews monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and correct variances
- Analyzes financial reporting and data variances to identify problem root causes and implements corrective solutions
- Identifies data and system fields required to generate reports for business plans and forecasts
- Creates new business plan reports in the financial reporting and planning systems (Khalix, Oracle, etc.) to support stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files
- Accurately reads and interprets reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g. missing variables, incorrect data)
- Maintains internal controls; tests SQL code to ensure proper function
- Supports process improvement; creates queries in SQL that assistant in any type of analysis and reporting
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Accounting, Math, Information Systems or related field - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Power BI - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.