Data SpecialistMorris Road Location Primary Location: 12380 MORRIS ROAD , ALPHARETTA, GA - United States, 30005 Facility Morris Road Location Job ID 244158
The Data Specialist is responsible for retrieving, analyzing and converting datainto useful information in report format. He/She coordinates the Industrial Engineering (IE) reporting and analyzes a process to provide data for operational decision-making. This position will be required to work a regular shift starting at 6:30AM (M-F).
The Data Specialist obtains data from Info-Library, PKGTools and other sources to populate reports. He/She converts information into a useable format for operational decision-making. This position creates new business plan reports in the financial reporting and planning system (i.e.,Khalix) to accommodate customers’ requests. The Data Specialist collaborates with requestors to establish completion dates and ensure timely delivery. He/She develops reports to support improvement of performance and results.
- Reviews reporting needs to eliminate and incorporate operational information in the reporting process.
- Collaborates with the Web Development group to identify automation requirements and post reports on internal web sites (e.g., iGate, etc.).
- Prints or publishes regularly scheduled reports for review and dissemination.
- Assesses how reports are completed and the frequency of requests to determine the need for automation.
- Identifies data and system fields required to generate reports for business plans and forecasts.
- Receives and prioritizes requests for new data reports to serve customer needs based on urgency and importance.
- Follows up with requestors on report specifications to ensure clear understanding of desired results.
- Applies Database Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of database design principles; identifies users’ requirements and needs with guidance from others; demonstrates a basic understanding of the importance of maintaining and updating databases.
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Report Generation: Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small
package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations.
- Experience performing advanced tasks in Microsoft Excel and Access (formula creation, Pivot Tables, database creation, complex query creation, etc.) – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science or Engineering -Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.