Azure DevOps Engineer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Job ID: 316119
- Zip Code: 30005
- Street Address: 12380 MORRIS ROAD
CAPITAL LEAD Snapshot
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
The Resources To Innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows you to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how you can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And you can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where you can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
This position builds and operates continuous integration and delivery technology platforms with the goal of moving quality-controlled software to production faster and safer, and to ensure operational best practices are supported. The incumbent delivers redundant, scalable, and secure enterprise technology solutions. This position solves moderately complex problems that require both technical and business knowledge. This position contributes to design, implementation, and maintenance of production systems including release management, automated system maintenance, configuration, and use of source code management systems and code build systems. He/She will utilize modern DevOps tools, processes, and scripting to participate in ongoing transformational journey with domestic and global DevOps teams. This position will work with architecture, engineering, business teams and operations teams to design, build, provision infrastructure, and support development activities.
- Implement, setup, configure, monitor, and maintain various Microsoft Azure solutions
- Deploy and maintain PaaS enterprise applications for development, QA, staging, and production environments hosted on Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Creating CI/CD pipelines and processes for development and deployment of the enterprise solutions for on-prem and Azure Cloud
- Investigates new technologies and software packages that can be applied to improve the development, complex builds, and release processes.
- Participates in the planning of emerging technology usage and enables the delivery of business software rapidly and with quality.
- Evaluates the current development process to detect inefficiencies and to propose incremental changes to improve the processes currently in use and designs for changes to moderately complex systems to solve problems of scale.
- Designs or recommends automated solutions to support the validation, packaging, and delivery of development items to various target environments.
- Recommends and plans implementations for remedies (including automation) and preventative measures to ensure quality control and effective problem resolution.
- Reviews deliverables (e.g. the design, source code, and unit tests cases) of supported teams to ensure compatibility with release management, system maintenance, and configuration automation.
- Recommends the Configuration and Deployment Procedures, as well as the Open-Source Software used to allow for streamlined and expeditious changes to target environments to ensure business continuity.
- Anticipates needs and advocates where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process and projects to implement solutions to gain organizational savings.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Administration, creating and managing Azure resources
- Experience with managing, creating and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience deploying web applications and managing IIS
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Experience with Agile Development
- Knowledge of C# .NET and SQL Language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law