- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Architecture and Infrastructure at UPS Technology:
Our Architects look at the overall company goals and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to build the strategies that allow these goals to become a reality. If you join our team, you will be involved with developing these strategic plans while also setting standards and developing roadmaps for the future state of our enterprise architecture. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Application Architect creates solutions for the Supply Chain Solutions (SGS) Software Development Group (SDG) which serves UPS SGS business units globally. The primary focus will be architecting solutions supporting Warehouse Management, Transportation Management, Integration/Middleware, Forwarding and Digital (Data platform and Customer Experience) capabilities. The ideal candidate will offer a blend of technical and development skills in the areas of public cloud platforms Azure/Google; experience working with packaged products and Software as a Service platforms to support our next generation digital platforms. The architect will demonstrate the business acumen required to drive and support business transformation, champion change management partnering with business and IT stakeholders, document and drive design, effective communication skills to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audience, strong negotiation skills and extremely motivated toward learning and adopting evolving innovative technologies.
A blend of experience with Architectural Patterns, Architecture and Product Road-mapping, Micro Service & API Development, Cloud Development/Architecture, Multi-Cloud Architecture, DevSecOps principles and AI/ML techniques. Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Concepts and Knowledge of Standards and Governance Policies and Procedures. Knowledgeable on information security, compliance and regulatory requirements. Experienced in coaching and guiding application development teams delivering business outcomes.
- 3 to 5 years relevant architecture or software architecture/engineering experience
- 2+ years architecting cloud based digital products – Azure/Google
- 2+ years of DevSecOps and Integration experience
- Experience building highly available/transactional and near real time systems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and efficiently manage time across projects in different areas
- Demonstrated experience in adopting emerging technologies
- Able to align multiple roadmaps and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and guiding application teams
- Experienced with microservices and API based integrations
- Any experience with modern industrial automation is preferred but not required
- Knowledgeable in Info Security, compliance and regulatory practices
- Experience with Architectural Patterns, Architecture and Product Road-mapping and Cloud Native Design and Microservices
- Knowledge of Business Acumen and Business Case Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SAFE Arch or TOGAF or similar certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany, Mahwah and Wayne
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.