Associate IE Supervisor
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Level: Varies based on position
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position involves a structured 3-month training program for highly qualified Industrial Engineers. He/She assists in developing work measurement in coordination with IE Planners for use in package job set-ups and developing operational conditions to reduce cost and meet service commitments. This position assists with developing operating plans and works with other IE Supervisors to identify and prioritize opportunities for operations and process improvements where key business plan objectives are not being met. He/She communicates with other functions and coordinates initiatives that impact package operations planning requirements.
- Serves as training assistant to support performance.
- Maintains and updates databases.
- Conducts service trend analyses to determine the best service improvement strategies.
- Records best practices and service trends.
- Identifies root causes of recurrent workflow failures through the analyses of data to recommend design changes in work methods, processes or flows.
- Supports project and program management.
- Analyzes and develops operating plans.
- Administers operational audits.
- Promotes new technology integration and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field -Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to work flexible shifts hours and possibly weekends
- Ability to travel
- Experience supervising employees - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
Industrial Engineers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Tackle Complex Global Challenges
Use Your Unique Perspective to Solve Problems
Be Part of a Smart, Driven Community
Contribute on a Team with a Work Hard/Play Hard Mentality