Lead Operations Research AnalystAIR GROUP BUILDING Primary Location: LOUISVILLE, KY - United States Facility AIR GROUP BUILDING Job ID 184416 Zip Code 40223
UPS is seeking an experienced Lead OR Analyst to join our Transportation Operations Research Group and develop leading edge optimization and analytics based decision support tools used to plan and execute the middle mile movements in UPS's transportation network.
The Lead OR Analyst designs and manages the development of cutting-edge models, algorithms, and tools to solve these complex problems. The work includes developing prototype models and methods and then integrating these tools into planning systems and processes to be used by UPS planners and operators
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with planners and operators to define problems.
- Researches and develops models and methods for addressing the problems.
- Performs analyses to identify causes and develops solution approaches/recommendations.
- Develops prototype models and solvers.
- Works with developers to integrate the methods and solvers into decision support systems for the end user
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong programming skills in one or more of Java, C++, and Python
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with mathematical programming optimization and large scale problem techniques such as Bender's Decomposition, Column Generation, and Dynamic Programming
- Experience with commercial mathematical programming solvers such as CPLEX and Gurobi
- Experience in the transportation/logistics area
- PhD in Operations Research, Mathematics, or IE - Preferred
- CAP certification - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.