UPS FlightPath II
This is a 36-month program that helps you achieve the required benchmarks needed to interview with UPS Airlines. Existing Ameriflight employees may receive credit for months of employment and achieved benchmarks. These include pilot employees with 20 months of service already holding an ATP, type rating and a check airman letter may be allowed to complete the program in 18 months, as well as BE-99 rated pilots with 30 months of service, service as an instructor pilot, and an associate degree may begin the program at the 12-month mark.
If you’re interested in learning more, you can contact us at FlightPath@ups.com. Or if you’re ready to get started, apply today!
Ameriflight Developmental Stage: Personal and Professional Development
- Obtain ATP License
- Flying AMF Type rated equipment and candidate is dual rated
- One of the following:
- Check Airman
- Management role
- Employee in good standing; no discipline or dependability problems
- ACP (Accelerated Captain’s Program) Mentor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Activities to foster leadership abilities, expert industry skills and personal growth, such as:
- Graduate degree or certificate
- Foreign language training
- Leadership training or seminars
- Current volunteer for charity/non-profit organization
- Public service or public office
- Military reserve or National Guard
- Additional non-work-related aircraft ratings
UPS Development & Mentoring Program
- Meet or exceed the UPS First Officer’s basic qualifications
- Minimum 1,000 PIC hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop per 14 CFR 1.1
- International experience preferred
- Receive recommendation based on overall performance at AMF by both Chief Pilot and Director of Training
- Mentee in UPS Mentoring Program
- Observe UPS line operations while jumpseating on UPS aircraft
- Complete online UPS FlightPath Development courses, including Jet Transition course
- Pass Hogan Assessment
- Apply for F/O at UPS
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidates are selected internally to join FlightPath II by Ameriflight.
- Minimum 1,000 hours, Turboprop Captain (obtain by end of program).
- Bachelor’s degree or started in bachelor’s program.
- Employee in good standing; no discipline or dependability problems.
- Before being hired as a pilot, candidates must meet or exceed all posted UPS First Officer requirements. They must also successfully complete the hiring process of UPS Airlines, including, but not limited to, a pilot application, employment records review pursuant to PRIA, and the interview process and simulator evaluation.
- Subject to change with approval from UPS and Ameriflight.
More About UPS FlightPath
If you hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate, graduated in the past 24 months or are currently a junior or senior student, and have a 3.0 GPA or higher, you could be eligible to join us on this immersive program where you’ll take your first steps to flying with UPS. Click to learn more.
If you’re ready to take your career to new heights, UPS can make that happen. Become a pilot with us and not only will you fly with one of the world’s largest, safest and most on-time airlines, but you’ll also help move the world forward by delivering what matters. Click to learn more.
There’s a lot to know about UPS FlightPath so if you’ve got questions, we’ve got the answers. Click to visit our FAQ page and find out more.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)