The Driver Helper role is a seasonal position. While you may be presented other opportunities to join UPS in the future, your Driver Helper job is for the holiday season only. This position will not extend beyond January 2020
A Checklist For Your First Day
1The Right Footwear
Wear only shoes with
- Shoes must be black or brown only and of polish leather.
- Sturdy uppers made of leather, man-made leather or similar protective material
- Good support
- Non-slip soles
Do not wear
- Tennis shoes/sneakers/running shoes
- Anything that does not provide protection and support
2ID & Employment Documents
3The right clothing
- Dress in layers so you can adjust to temperature changes
- No shirts, hats or jackets with offensive themes, images or logos
- No loose or long jewelry—it’s better to leave all jewelry at home
4Water and Snack
Bring water and light snacks. The work here is very physical and you want to keep your energy up.
- Keep your phone charged and near you each morning
- Be ready to start your shift within 30 minutes of being contacted
6Check your email & phone
You could receive further communications about your start date and/or online training. Please be ready to respond.
Be on time
Report for work on time every day—your driver and our customers are counting on you.
Arrange your transportation
Coordinate reliable transportation to meet up with your H.R. representative to complete your employment processing documents. This is required before you can start.